Schedule for next week

Phailure

Council Member
I know there will be some debate on how to approach next week given how well we did on Archimonde last night. We've given it some thought and here is the proposed schedule we will run next week.

Tuesday: Heroic Iskar – Mannoroth
Wednesday: Heroic Archimonde attempts
Thursday: Tentative Normal Archimonde and First 6 Heroic

We will start the week doing the Iskar up to and including Mannoroth. There are lots of high value upgrades in there that will help give us that little extra DPS and Healing to get through P4.

We will then move right into Heroic Archimonde attempts. This give us a chance to see just how close we are with the new loot. At the end of Wednesday should he still be alive we will make a call if we should resume attempts on Thursday or farm more loot and regroup next week. We will only do more attempts on Thursday if we are 99% sure we can get a heroic Archimonde kill.

If we are doing attempts on Thursday we will be saving some time at the end of the raid for a normal kill. There is zero chance we will not kill Archimonde on some difficulty as missing the ring upgrade would be a mistake.

Please share your thoughts and ideas. This schedule is meant to be a comprise between those who will want to push Archimonde and those who think we need more gear.

Marcus

Guild Master
I think that this is a good schedule. We've cleared the first 6 on heroic 7-8 times already. Bosses 7-12 still have value upgrades including tier. Also, it gives us room to farm the first 6.

wigz

We should just put it to a vote on tuesday what everyone wants to do. I think we should do the first 6 and norm arch but i need gear from those bosses so my opinion is biased. Lets see where the bias leans.

Serrene

I'd be okay with this, but doing normal Arch first might get some more people their class trinkets. Could make a big difference in DPS.

Marcus

Guild Master
I guess we can take it to a vote but we need more input on this forum. That way it's not a last minute decision right before raid.

Fishwater

If we are that worried about class trinkets we could always go in there early, maybe a half hour before raid and snag any for those who need them. We've got the iLvL to down him, just gotta see the last phase more...

Edit: Phailure's schedule is a whole lotta yes.

Marcus

Guild Master
If we are that worried about class trinkets we could always go in there early, maybe a half hour before raid and snag any for those who need them. We've got the iLvL to down him, just gotta see the last phase more...

Edit: Phailure's schedule is a whole lotta yes.
I think we are in the exact same spot we were on Arch on Normal. The first night we didn't get to that phase with everybody alive enough to truly learn it and execute it. Once we got to phase 4 with everybody up surviving the transition and nuking the adds, it was a win. We haven't gotten there yet. But I think with more practice it's a win.

Phailure

Council Member
A quick clarification. The intention here is not to skip the first 6. The goal is to give us options as the week progresses. If we start with Normal Arch + First 6 on Tuesday we are basically resigned to only having one day on Heroic Archimonde. If we have poor attendance on Wednesday or we aren't 99.9% confident we can seal a Heroic Archimonde kill on Thursday we will still be doing the first 6. If we end the week without either the first 6 down or Heroic Archimonde down then I have failed. We can vote if there is a lot of disagreement but I feel very strongly we should at least start with the last 6 on Tuesday as that is generally our best raid day.

For Normal Archimonde we may start the raid with a quick kill on him Wednesday. Last night I snagged a normal Mannoroth kill on my shaman. I am hoping I can extend that lockout and use it to skip right to Normal Archimonde (will test that tonight). If we can get 10-15 people on a little early on Wednesday to clear the trash out then we could potential kill Normal Archimonde at the beginning of the night without losing too many attempts on heroic. Getting the ring upgrades will probably be worth the tradeoff of 2-3 less attempts that night.

Serrene

If we can get through second 6 heroic on tuesday, killing normal Arch first thing Wednesday might be a good warmup if nothing else, plus trinkets. I can be there early for the trash.

Phailure

Council Member
If their is enough people interested I would like to start clearing some trash at 7 server. No bosses will be pulled prior to the usual start time. Just thought if we can clear a bunch of trash we open up the possibility of getting a few of the early heroic bosses tonight after we kill Manny.

Marcus

Guild Master
If their is enough people interested I would like to start clearing some trash at 7 server. No bosses will be pulled prior to the usual start time. Just thought if we can clear a bunch of trash we open up the possibility of getting a few of the early heroic bosses tonight after we kill Manny.
Which trash? HFA trash?