Legends Anonymous D&D Revival

DrLegend

Guild Master
Greetings Guildies!

As some of you guys may have heard, Legends Anonymous once tried to embark on a live Dungeons and Dragons adventure once. Unfortunately, circumstances and current technology made it difficult to actually get it past the character creation stage.

I accept full responsibility for that failure.

However! There is a new light at the end of the tunnel. I have just heard of a new tool created just for D&D 5e called Fantasy Grounds (http://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/)

Just by the looks of it, this is going to be a very simple, easy to use and intuitive tool (moreso than Roll20 and Table Top simulator). The only major barrier of entry is the cost. At $40 (or $30 if 4 of us chip in for a 4 pack), it is quite expensive. Maybe we can't get started tomorrow but as soon as there is a Steam sale you better believe I'm going to be all over that.

If you guys are still interested in playing, sound off below. I know Jake's been dying to play so I've already got his seat reserved but we should have room for 3-4 more players. I'd definitely like to live stream it as well and even made a custom new overlay to mark the occasion. Webcam Overlay v1.png
Let me know if you're interested!

DrLegend

Guild Master
I did Mugz. That's what we tried to play on before and I had a lot of trouble getting it to work. Granted, I had only the free license so there's a lot of restrictions in place.

I've been watching videos on Fantasy Grounds and it looks like it takes care of all of those issues. Even better, I just found out I can do a monthly subscription instead of paying for it outright... Even better than that, if I buy the Ultimate version ($150 or $10 a month), I can host any number of players and they do not need to purchase any license.

DrLegend

Guild Master
So Fantasy Grounds is back on sale and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252690

However, I'm curious as to what we should do. Should everyone just buy their own edition and we can connect altogether or should I just pay the $10 a month for the ultimate edition and save everyone the cash but they won't be able to use any of the features when I'm offline.

Also, Table Top simulator is on sale for $10. I'm definitely going to pick that up today and try it out sometime this weekend to see how that works.

DrLegend

Guild Master
I may have to look into that.

Also, D&D first official session is scheduled for sometime this weekend. Either tonight or tomorrow night whenever most people are free.