Few scraps of information

Phailure

Council Member
This reddit thread below links to a pre-expansion post which gets a few of the details pretty spot on. His post is a tad generic for me to be 100% sold he had leaked information but he did nail the cinematic. Anyways, this post is interesting because in addition to the predictions we can now confirm he says the pre-expansion patch is targets for this year with a Q1 release.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3g3krf/tom_chilton_said_that_no_one_correctly_leaked_the/

Icy-veins dev interview:
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/13199-wow-legion-interview-with-tom-chilton-ion-hazzikostas/

Nothing groundbreaking but a few small additional details.
- Glaives will be a weapon class that on DH can use
- You will bet your artifact very early and use it all expansion, no weapon drops/.
- Confirmation Survival is melee spec
- Garrisons stay in WOD (no suprise here)

Marcus

Guild Master
I'm actually very excited for these design changes. Because weapons are tough enough to come by, having your own personal customizable weapon that you use throughout the expansion and upgrade really forces you to dig into the expansion.

And I think that's crazy that it got "leaked" early.

I'm confused, the Demon Hunter website says that DH's can use fist weapons, daggers, etc but the Icy-Veins interview says that they can only use Glaives.....

Andrastie

That's one thing I have been thinking about since they released Legion; we seen what the big plot/ideas behind what Blizz wants from Legion, but we have not seen anything on what the big changes will be that come with the new xpac. Things like class changes and whatnot...so far we have the "good" without much of the "bad." (Not saying major changes will be bad, just a figure of speech).

Also, Gnome Pallys...lel

Phailure

Council Member
I'm confused, the Demon Hunter website says that DH's can use fist weapons, daggers, etc but the Icy-Veins interview says that they can only use Glaives.....
Yea that is a little odd. In reality it doesn't matter much since you will be using the artifact the whole expansion anyways.

Phailure

Council Member
That's one thing I have been thinking about since they released Legion; we seen what the big plot/ideas behind what Blizz wants from Legion, but we have not seen anything on what the big changes will be that come with the new xpac. Things like class changes and whatnot...so far we have the "good" without much of the "bad." (Not saying major changes will be bad, just a figure of speech).
Yea this sentence in the interview is interesting:

"Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. "

It could be lip service or could mean exciting changes to classes are on their way. I expect we will have to wait until Blizzcon to find out.

Marcus

Guild Master

Also, Gnome Pallys...lel
My guess is that each class order will unlock your true "flavor." Like really take each spec to a new level along with your artifact weapon. At this point, it's all up in arms. The details will probably be revealed at Blizzcon. But I think this is the revolution of WoW classes. They've finally realized that people are switching to FOTM classes and that may not have to be possible in Legion. The balance should be much easier considering the new PVP honor system.

Andrastie

Artifact Weps sound like an awesome idea, I hope they don't add some wierdness to them. Hopefully they have some sort of idea planned out for hybrid classes...since doing a full grind for several weapons could be painful. As for the "no more weapon drops," that's a great idea...most classes are very dependent on their weapon, so always having a ilvl current weapon will help to keep class damage/heals balanced.

Marcus

Guild Master
Artifact Weps sound like an awesome idea, I hope they don't add some wierdness to them. Hopefully they have some sort of idea planned out for hybrid classes...since doing a full grind for several weapons could be painful. As for the "no more weapon drops," that's a great idea...most classes are very dependent on their weapon, so always having a ilvl current weapon will help to keep class damage/heals balanced.
Precisely, this will ensure that at least your class has a good weapon, and my guess is that the weapon will be strong enough to keep you competitive kinda like the legendary cloak in MoP. The legendary ring is awesome once you get it, but the 680/690/715 versions aren't all that powerful.

Phailure

Council Member
My guess is that each class order will unlock your true "flavor." Like really take each spec to a new level along with your artifact weapon. At this point, it's all up in arms. The details will probably be revealed at Blizzcon. But I think this is the revolution of WoW classes. They've finally realized that people are switching to FOTM classes and that may not have to be possible in Legion. The balance should be much easier considering the new PVP honor system.
I'm really hopeful that the separation of PVE and PVP talents will allow them to be more creative in their class design. I feel like a lot of the spells that have been around since launch are getting a little stale. The spell purge in WOD has a negative impression because it only focus on removing. Reducing the number of key binds is a good goal, but they can't just remove stuff with also giving class new interesting game play mechanics.

Marcus

Guild Master
I'm really hopeful that the separation of PVE and PVP talents will allow them to be more creative in their class design. I feel like a lot of the spells that have been around since launch are getting a little stale. The spell purge in WOD has a negative impression because it only focus on removing. Reducing the number of key binds is a good goal, but they can't just remove stuff with also giving class new interesting game play mechanics.
I think that's where the class order system comes into play. Like I said, the level 110 talent will be a combo of your weapon and class order system. I think the content of the artifact weapon/class order system is enough to keep anybody occupied. Because at the very least its a cool little single player experience. At best, it's an awesome way to upgrade your character class to make it viable in raiding/PVP.