Sticky CALL TO ARMS - Materials

Marcus

Guild Master
Hello guidlies!

As we start entering the dog-days of progression deep into what seems to be a very challenging raid (and 2 more to come), we are starting to notice that consumables have not gone down in price enough for guildies to keep up.

I myself have spent nearly 200k on personal consumables.

The time is now for a Call to Arms. I just spend 100+ Blood of Sargeras on various herbs to help get us through this tier and beyond.

What we need from you:
  • Trade in as much Blood of Sargeras you can afford.
  • Starlight Rose
  • Fjarnskaggl
  • Dreamleaf
  • Foxflower
  • Aethril
  • Any mats for Potions of Prolonged Power
  • Make any flasks you can and put them in the guild bank.
To help facilitate this guild need for mats, we will be ceasing all guild repairs and spending what little gold we have left on consumables. I am also donating a substantial amount of my personal gold for this endeavor.

I am giving everybody rank permissions to take ONE stack per night for flasks tab, ONE per night for Potions tab, and ONE per night from the BoE/Tomes Tab (Tab 7).

We are also scheduling a Mythic Trash Farm run this Saturday around the early afternoon. Please come on by and help clear trash. If we can sell just a few BoE's we can buy flasks and pots for the week. We need to do this soon, because the value of those BoE's will go down as time goes by.

Thank you,
Marcus

Marcus

Guild Master
I just wanted to take the time and thank everyone who has chipped in almost immediately. I also wanted to let everyone know that the flasks and pots in the gbank are for those who need the flasks. If you're sitting on hundreds of thousands of gold (like me), you're probably not the first person we expect to grab a pot. Those are for this who forgot to buy them over the week, broke, forgot to farm, etc.

I'd also like to remphasize farming old Cata raids. It took me one hour to make around 3k gold, which is about enough for the week for consumables.

DrLegend

Guild Master
As far as gold making is concerned, don't forget your follower missions.

I make between 3-5k gold per week on those with bonuses and such. Based on current consensus, it looks like I'm one of the few people that's actually turning a profit in Legion.

Zelgadys

Council Member
Update - We are low on Fjarnskarggle , foxflower & Dream leaf.

If you are able to make the Lavish Suramar Feast , please let me know.

Andrastie

As far as gold making is concerned, don't forget your follower missions.

I make between 3-5k gold per week on those with bonuses and such. Based on current consensus, it looks like I'm one of the few people that's actually turning a profit in Legion.
With all your champions at 850, you should be getting gold missions around 500-750 gold with a BONUS of 1500 gold. They show up every other day at least. I know there is a general hatred of the "garrison board" but people are really missing out on some easy gold. Not to mention you get 2 weekly raid quests that have the bonus roll tokens.

Also @Zelgadys I can make rank 3 feasts, both of them

@Marcus Anything in the works for epgp bonus for a raw gold deposit like 250 points for 1000 gold up to 1000 points per week? Just a thought. It can help people with missed time also. Plus the possible 4k per raider per week. Plus this could run only a few weeks and we'd probably get enough gold to cover repairs and food for heroic progress.

Marcus

Guild Master
Festo, we've kicked that idea around, the main concern is people "buying access to gear.". It's a conversation we need to have as a guild so that everyone understands the necessity of having resources but also keeping the loot system as fair as possible.

Yeah, I understand. But it's not an outlandish no limit thing. It's an incentive extra effort for a few weeks a little bigger slice of pie. It was just an idea.

Andrastie

@Marcus Anything in the works for epgp bonus for a raw gold deposit like 250 points for 1000 gold up to 1000 points per week? Just a thought. It can help people with missed time also. Plus the possible 4k per raider per week. Plus this could run only a few weeks and we'd probably get enough gold to cover repairs and food for heroic progress.
Or, you know, do it in support of your guild....without incentive...because we succeed or fail as a whole guild.

Marcus

Guild Master
Yeah, I understand. But it's not an outlandish no limit thing. It's an incentive extra effort for a few weeks a little bigger slice of pie. It was just an idea.
I think it's a good idea. We just need the whole guild (or a massive majority) to be behind it to succeed. I also agree with Andrastie as well, there's a balance between doing what's best for the guild and doing so with hopes of a little extra incentive. My hope was that we could get everyone on the same page with one goal in mind, but just like our switch to EPGP, everyone may need a little extra incentive. EPGP has worked wonders for us, it gives true incentive to play as often as you can.

Or, you know, do it in support of your guild....without incentive...because we succeed or fail as a whole guild.
Yeah and nothing is free @Andrastie . I don't farm gold for you guy's. I do it for me and me alone. My gold farming for myself helps the guild also because I don't need to get flasks and Pots from the Bank I have my own gold for repair bills I have 75 personal tombs. My idea is to help just not hand it out. I mean I've heard people say they don't have enough gold to repair I think that's ridiculous. I did give Marcus 25k to help in EN progression BTW when I had a quarter of the gold I have now and asked for NOTHING. This Whole thing worked very well in my past experience that's why I brought it up. You say we succeed and fail as a guild, that is so true! But can you really expect people to pay for you? Nope. "do it in support of your guild" I've traded so many pots and flasks prob 100k gold worth and asked for NOTHING also see above 25k donation PLUS before stuff was on farm in EN I gave out enchants from my personal stash. I know I'm using a ton of personal examples but I'm sure others have given and would like some sort of incentive. All I asked was if anyone was looking into it. Marcus said they are, that's all I wanted to know and I thank you @Marcus

If you cant tell Steve you pissed me off, I don't know why probably all the breaks in your comment make for a snarky tone when read. but I still like you =) you snarky bearded big lady fuck!

Marcus

Guild Master
I think we all get the feeling now and then that in one way, shape, or form, we contribute more than the person next to us. However, this thread wasn't asking people to blindly donate gold, it was asking if you have spare BoS, would they please help the guild out and buy herbs.

The original guild bank of gold for LA in WoD was 100k gold of my personal stash, which disappeared during Blackhend lol.

When it comes to the good of guild, we have all played this game long enough to know what is expected of us if you want to raid. If you are struggling to afford repair bills and buy the basic essentials of raiding, that's why were here trying to help. But I'd like to think you could put in a couple hours a week to help yourself by farming an old Cata raid lol.

We're all adults here. But were also a community looking to help people.

Andrastie

Yeah and nothing is free @Andrastie . I don't farm gold for you guy's. I do it for me and me alone. My gold farming for myself helps the guild also because I don't need to get flasks and Pots from the Bank I have my own gold for repair bills I have 75 personal tombs. My idea is to help just not hand it out. I mean I've heard people say they don't have enough gold to repair I think that's ridiculous. I did give Marcus 25k to help in EN progression BTW when I had a quarter of the gold I have now and asked for NOTHING. This Whole thing worked very well in my past experience that's why I brought it up. You say we succeed and fail as a guild, that is so true! But can you really expect people to pay for you? Nope. "do it in support of your guild" I've traded so many pots and flasks prob 100k gold worth and asked for NOTHING also see above 25k donation PLUS before stuff was on farm in EN I gave out enchants from my personal stash. I know I'm using a ton of personal examples but I'm sure others have given and would like some sort of incentive. All I asked was if anyone was looking into it. Marcus said they are, that's all I wanted to know and I thank you @Marcus

If you cant tell Steve you pissed me off, I don't know why probably all the breaks in your comment make for a snarky tone when read. but I still like you =) you snarky bearded big lady fuck!
Edited for being an asshole, it happens

Last edited: