Blizzon Con Nov 6-7

Marcus

Guild Master
Tickets on sale April. I'm buying four tickets in case guildies can't get them. Let me know who wants dibs on tickets I buy. If we get 8 people from guild attending, I'll get us a suite!

I absolutely plan on going. I have yet to be, and I've been playing Blizzard games for over 15-18 years. My only problem would be plane tickets, really. But, we've got some time yet, so hopefully I can get it figured out.

DrLegend

Guild Master
I'll be trying to snag 4 tickets as well. My wife will be joining us and if things work in our favor, I'll have 2 extra tickets for guildies that wish to attend.

Getting tickets is definitely a trial by fire. I succeeded in my first attempt back in 2009 but failed in subsequent attempts. With a newly increased player base, the challenge is going to be ever the more daunting.

One thing people overlook is hotel rooms. The day the tickets go on sale, hotels fill up and become fully booked within hours. An easy way to avoid that debacle is if you know you are going, book a room right now and if you can't secure tickets then just cancel the reservation. It costs you nothing and ensures you have the room you want in the hotel you want.

Andrastie

Blizzcon is something I have been wanting to attend for quite a while now, but it always seemed as if something came up that stops me. I will be hitting my "Dirty 30" on Nov. 4 and am going to do my best to try and attend this year....what better way to celebrate!!! Hopefully the RNG gods bless me with a ticket chance...

Marcus

Guild Master
I'm really hoping for tickets for all that want to go and have a good showing for the guild. Blizzcon, especially when they announce a new expansion, is a great experience.

Andrastie

@DrLegend What hotel were you talking about last night, when you mentioned the 8 person room? I assume it would be ideal if we all ended up the the same hotel, for hanging out and whatnot.

...assuming that even though I am a "new kid" in the guild compared to how long most of you have known each other, you would want me around!!!

DrLegend

Guild Master
@DrLegend What hotel were you talking about last night, when you mentioned the 8 person room? I assume it would be ideal if we all ended up the the same hotel, for hanging out and whatnot.

...assuming that even though I am a "new kid" in the guild compared to how long most of you have known each other, you would want me around!!!
It's called the Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim. It's a stone's throw away from the convention center.

Believe me, I'm half-Palestinian, I would know this.

Andrastie

On a side note, not sure if you are making a joke about Middle-Eastern/Indian people owning/working hotels or if you are making a joke about knowing a good target to hit with a bomb...either way, I'm pretty sure I'm racist...gg

Phailure

Council Member
The Cortona Inn that Rayne linked above has double queen rooms for 175 a night, which is pretty reasonable. Is anyone who will not rape me in my sleep interested in sharing a room to save a few hundred bucks?

Andrastie

The Cortona Inn that Rayne linked above has double queen rooms for 175 a night, which is pretty reasonable. Is anyone who will not rape me in my sleep interested in sharing a room to save a few hundred bucks?
I was actually thinking of asking that same thing. I wouldn't rape you in your sleep.....I prefer to do it when you would still be awake, you would (hopefully) put up more of a struggle that way...! In all seriousness, I would be down with splitting a room with someone; I'm chill, clean, and don't have THAT many stange habits...kind of expect the same from whoever I would be sharing with...I don't think those terms are that hard to ask for!

Has it been decided about heading in a day early to check out some of the local attractions? That is the last thing I was waiting of before booking a room, to know how many days to get it for.

Marcus

Guild Master
Everybody aim for a Thursday flight arrival at the two closest airports - LAX or SNA (John Wayne-Orange County). Preferably SNA if you can. We will be having dinner at Bucca Di Beppo in Anaheim at 7PM, I will be treating the guild that night to dinner!