Archimonde - Sep. 17

Phailure

Council Member
Everyone should be fully enchanted and gemmed before the raid tonight. Gems and enchants make a real difference in are dps and healing. At this point in our progression we should be doing every little thing we can do squeeze the most out of our characters. Anyone not gemmed and enchanted will be removed from the raid. I have a quiet a few temporal crystals, if you need an enchant hit me up before raid and I will hook you up for free.

Also try and bring as many augment runes as you can. Check your alts that you run LFR on for any extras. After we do a couple pulls to shake off the rust I would like the whole raid using augment runes. They aren't huge stats like a flask , but they will make a noticeable impact if everyone has them.

Thanks,
Phailure

Andrastie

Same with gems, hit me up and I will give you +50 stat gems for free. If you would like the +75 stat ones, I may need some sorcerous elements. Still, no reason not to have a gem slotted at this point!!!

Serrene

Also, officers, it looks like we have a lot of fish in the guild bank. If someone can get me access to that somehow I can make all the +125 stat foods for everyone. I'll go fish in enemy territory for fire ammonite if more people need multistrike (I may do that anyway, since that's what I need). Then everyone can just PM me what they need and I'll hand out a stack.

Andrastie

Also, officers, it looks like we have a lot of fish in the guild bank. If someone can get me access to that somehow I can make all the +125 stat foods for everyone. I'll go fish in enemy territory for fire ammonite if more people need multistrike (I may do that anyway, since that's what I need). Then everyone can just PM me what they need and I'll hand out a stack.
Last I checked, Fish was in the raid group, alive and well. Not sure if he would approve of being cooked up and fed to the other guildies...

Fishwater

So everything said here is really what will be the difference in raw numbers that will ultimately lead to Archimonde's demise. While you, a general you, may think that +35 is cool. The difference between the whole group having 35 gems rather than 50 gems or 125 food as opposed to feast food REALLY adds up when we are near 30 people, about 750 total extra points to everyone's most beneficial stat which is further increased once runes are added to the equation. Same goes for healing tonics vs. Lock rocks...unless you are a Lock and have the glyph.
We are at a point where we know the fight and can execute it well enough, minus early deaths, to down the dingus.

Another thing I would like to add is after talking with Pope and Justin they notice that when adds come out the Deathcallers are dropping MUCH slower, this is reinforced by the logs, so it's really not a disputable topic. When Marcus calls to burn the Deathcaller, unless you have passive cleave you should be 100% tunneling on the Deathcallers. If you think you are someone who could improve on this don't hesitate to the handful of us that peel through the logs between raid nights. I suggest making time to look at the logs Andrich so lovingly posts after every raid, see where you stack up on Deathcaller damage and make it your #1 goal to be at the top. Ranged, same goes for us with the added caveat of Doomfires.

Finally, Marcus does a fantastic job calling this fight, but at times there are just too many things going on for one person to call. A big one is Allure of Flames, which is wrecking us as a group once the fight progresses. It really is on us as raiders to acknowledge when Allure is coming and have a plan to avoid it (even if it means cancelling a cast/channel).

Last edited:
Along the same vein as what Fish was getting at, we should be prepotting too. Not a huge difference, but when we are so close it's worth exploiting every advantage we can. Once we down him subsequent fights will be easier.

Fishwater

Yup, on almost every attempt a decent number of people did not prepot, which is crazy since you can juts go into the Gbank and snag them.