Alt Runs

Phailure

Council Member
Greetings Guildies,

I wanted to take a moment to discuss the status of our alt runs. After the stress and hours of wiping during our march to defeat Heroic Archimonde the alt runs are meant to be a stress free and relaxing activity to do while shooting the shit on TeamSpeak. They provide an opportunity for people to experiment with different class in anticipation of Legion or just get some purples on an old favored alt. These runs are an ultra-casual experience with little expectation to perform.

That all said I think we also have to face the reality that the last two weeks we have hit wall and weren't able to progress past the first handful of bosses. Last week when it became apparent that we were going to struggle on Kilrog people began leaving pretty quickly. It is obvious that people aren't going to have patience to wipe on content of this level. To be frank if the runs continue to stall out on Kilrog or Gorefiend it is likely that we won't have numbers to run them for very long.

Looking back at the last couple of weeks I think the problem is pretty obvious. We have multiple toons that are either a fair bit below the ilvl that the content is balanced for or the player is very new to the class and is playing it very sub-optimally. Allowing players to experience new classes and roles is a primary feature of these raids and something I will not change. However, we have to acknowledge that right now we have a number of characters coming in that need to be carried through the content but no one actually doing the carrying.

I will start bringing my mage for the next couple weeks (assuming we can find a healer to replace my druid). I encourage everyone to approach these raids with a sense of team spirit. While I know everyone is excited to gear out their alts take a moment to think about the larger group. Once the raid has reached a point where your chosen character is out of its deeps consider getting on your main for a few bosses. Not everyone needs to switch, 1-3 mains would be enough to carry us through the majority of normal. Eventually we will have a stable of alts that are geared and experienced enough that we don't need anyone doing the carrying. The reality is right now we will either need to bring some mains, remove the lower geared or poorly played characters, or continue to wipe on Kilrog/Gorefeind. Personally the first option sounds much perferable then the last two.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phailure

Aylana

Are these still going on at all? When I've managed to get online at a decent time on these days people have been on but no raids. My Rogue is 700ilvl and my Monk is 698 Tank and 694 Heals (and 696 DPS if I switched out one of them). I'm definitely not what you would call reliable on that schedule because I'm usually asleep at those hours, but if they are still happening I was going to try and make a concerted effort to get up earlier. However if htey are not, I won't and I'll just keep sleepin =D

Phailure

Council Member
Are these still going on at all? When I've managed to get online at a decent time on these days people have been on but no raids. My Rogue is 700ilvl and my Monk is 698 Tank and 694 Heals (and 696 DPS if I switched out one of them). I'm definitely not what you would call reliable on that schedule because I'm usually asleep at those hours, but if they are still happening I was going to try and make a concerted effort to get up earlier. However if htey are not, I won't and I'll just keep sleepin =D
Unfortunately there hasn't been much interest in these runs the last couple weeks. Last night I think there were only 6 or 7 people online. I suspect things will pick up a bit once the new patch is released.

I've been sleeping earlier since my classes started, and with DST having just started here, the raids start even later for me now, so I don't think I will be able to help much with those, sorry. :(